I am always on the look out for easy recipes to make as treats for the kids school lunches. My children particularly like this one as they think it is just like a prepackaged snack bar LCMs. If you have an easy recipes for lunch box treats I would love it if you could link to them in the comments .
Rice Bubble Slice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 250 grams white marshmallows 6 cups of Rice Bubbles (again the home brand version is fine)
- 6 cups of Rice Bubbles (again the home brand version is fine and they are known to some as Rice Krispies!)
- Line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Place the rice bubbles into a large bowl.
- On a low heat, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add marshmallow to the butter and stir until they are completely melted. I have bought the home brand pink and white ones and they work fine, but I think the taste is nicer if it is just plain white.
- Pour marshmallow mix into the bowl with rice bubbles and combine well.
- Press mixture into the tray. (If it is sticking to your hands, try wetting them slightly with cold water.)
- Put in the fridge to cool and set.
- Once set, cut into desired shape. I tend to go for rectangles about 5cm x 3cm
Family Menu Plan For The Week
Baking: Anzac Biscuits
Monday: Family Meat Pie
Tuesday: Spaghetti Bolognaise
Wednesday: Salad Rolls
Thursday: Beef Stir Fry with Asian Greens
Friday: Left Overs
Saturday: Chicken Wings, Baked Potatoes and Corn
If you like the look of this family menu plan, then you might like to use The Planning With Kids Free Menu Planner. With the menu planner you can select your meals for the week and print our your own shopping list.