You can order sets of these cards from me (Australian Residents Only). For details on how to place an order, please click to the end of this post. We have now sold out of all cards. Thanks very much for supporting this fundraiser!
I am not the craftiest of people, so it is quite funny to me that I am now quite heavily involved in the school craft group! The craft group at our school has done an amazing job over a number of years, raising thousands of dollars each year for the school. It does however, take a range of skills and abilities for this to come together, and whilst creativity and crafting may not be my strong points, planning certainly is!
A planning based idea that I came up with was to put together sample packs of handmade Christmas Cards and Christmas Tags for display at the school’s Christmas In July lunch. We could then take orders now for delivery in November. This works well for the group in a number of ways:
- It allows us to source bulk materials at a cheaper price.
- Allows us to create a work program to fulfil the orders with plenty of time.
- We have a definite sale after making the cards!
As you can see from the photos, the cards have come up beautifully. Belinda was pivotal in putting together the designs and came up with very stylish ones for us to go with.
Making Handmade Christmas Cards and Christmas Tags
The craft group has always made beautiful handmade cards that have sold very well, but had never made packs of Christmas Cards or Tags before. We had a tight time frame from idea conception to execution, so this is what we did to make the process as simple as possible:
- Decided on what output we wanted – that is two different packs of 8 Christmas Cards and two different packs of 10 Christmas Tags.
- Decided on a themed look. This consisted of base colours, which we chose as red, green, white, silver, gold and then decorative patterns to add the Christmas Festivity. We chose dots, stripes and swirls, as we thought that they would contrast beautifully with the base colours.
- Decide on shapes, pictures that we would like. The craft group had found previously that baubles and presents sold well, so we went for baubles, presents, stars, angels, doves and Christmas Trees.
- We used Christmas Cards that we had been given last year as well for inspiration and traced the dove, drew the angel and replicated the gift wrapped box for our designs.
- We searched paper stores for the right patterned and colour paper to fit our theme!
- I purchased a tag shape cutter from the helpful Paula who is a Creative Memories consultant. I needed it very quickly and Paula somehow managed to home deliver it to me in less than 48 hours. The tag maker at $40.50 was a great investment. Once we have finished the Christmas Card Tags, we will move on to making birthday and baby gift tags.
A big thank you to Belinda, Christine and Justine who helped to get the packs ready and displayed beautifully for the Christmas in July lunch!
We have orders for over 50 packs already, which is incredibly exciting! We would love to increase this though, so if you like the Christmas Cards or Christmas Tags or both please follow the instructions below to order. (Australian residents only.)
|Christmas Cards – Pack of 8|
Red / Green
Gold / Silver
|Christmas Tags – Pack of 10|
Red / Green
Gold / Silver