Children’s Party Food – Mini Hot Dogs and Mini Hamburgersby PlanningQueen on June 13, 2009 in Children's Activities, Recipes
|Parties With Kids is your complete guide to planning your kids party. More info found here, or click to buy!|
Mini hotdogs and mini hamburgers have been a recent creation in terms of children’s party food for me. Looking for an alternative to the hot food that I traditionally serve up, I came up with a mini version of a “fun food” that my children think is a special treat.
My kids love cocktail frankfurts and they have always been popular to serve up at their parties. I have found that serving them up as mini hot dogs has made them even more popular.
The kids liked the mini hamburgers but the mini hot dogs were definitely more popular. The adults though (especially me) preferred the mini hamburgers. I kept them quiet basic, as I did not know what the salad eating preferences were of the children coming to the birthday party.
Mini Hot Dogs
- 12 Bake At Home Dinner Rolls
- 12 Cocktail Frankfurts
- Tomato Sauce
These take about 5 minutes to cook, so are super quick and super easy.
- Heat oven in advance to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Bring saucepan of water to the boil.
- Place rolls on a tray and into oven.
- Add cocktail frankfurts to boiling water.
- Cook cocktail frankfurts for about 5 minutes (if left too long their skins will split).
- Drain cocktail frankfurts and allow to cool.
- Take rolls out of oven and cut in the middle.
- Add cocktail frankfurt to the roll, add your desired sauce and your mini hot dogs are ready.
- 12 Dinner Rolls
- 500gms Minced Beef
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Additional Tomato Sauce
- Place mince in medium size bowl.
- Finely chop onion and grate carrot and add to mince.
- Add Tomato and Worcestershire Sauce and mix well.
- Use a couple of tablespoons of mixture and make into patties. I kept mine thin so as they would cook quickly and properly all the way through.
- Heat oil in a large frying on a moderate heat. Add hamburgers and fry for about 4 minutes each side, until cooked.
- While the mini hamburgers are cooking, slice cheese and tomato and cut up lettuce.
- There are a couple of options on how to prepare these for a party. I actually cooked them in advance and just warmed them in the microwave, before putting them into their rolls.
- Add hamburger to roll and then add cheese, tomato and lettuce.
- Add any additional sauces and your mini hamburgers are ready!
Makes 12 – 24. The hamburger mixture will make at least 24 mini hamburgers. You can either cook them all up or freeze half of the uncooked hamburgers and have them another time.party food