(Photo Source: flickr – jslander)

When I planned the menu for the family this week, I had to do so with a different cook in mind. Mr Infrastructure and I are doing something of a role swap this week. The aim of this for me to do some long term planning, complete the preseason for the 30 Day Challenge and work on documenting all my recipes.

Monday: Pumpkin Soup

Baking: White Chocolate Chip Cookies
(I will still do the baking – I think I can only push it so far!)

Tuesday: Chicken Stir Fry With Seasonal Vegetables

Wednesday: Baked Penne With Bacon

Thursday: Tacos

Friday: Roast Chicken and Vegetables
(The chicken will be bought cooked, but the veggies cooked at home.)

Saturday: Picklebums Easy Beef and Vegie Triangles
(Using left over meat from the tacos.)

Sunday: Pasta with Chicken and Spinach

Again, I have included the shopping list for this week’s menu plan as an excel file. The below paragraphs explain what is in the attached excel file below.

Shopping List For Family Menu Plan 080721

It contains three separate spreadsheets. The first is named “Complete Grocery’ and it lists by supermarket aisle all the ingredients that are needed to cook the family meals for this week.

The second spreadsheet is named “Ingredient By Meal’ and it lists the ingredients that are required for the family by each individual meal this week. I have also left on the aisle and aisle subsection in this spreadsheet for reference, but if you want to print that out you will need to alter the print area.

The third spreadsheet is named “Menu Plan” and is a modified version of the menu plan that I print and place on the fridge. I have a notes section, that I like to populate with any activities that are likely to impact the evening meal routine.

Want to see what we are having next week? Subscribe to my free email updates via the “subscribe page” or from the RSS Feed icon at the top of the page.

For more menu planning ideas head on over to Laura’s place at “I’m an Organizing Junkie“.

Did you enjoy this post?
Need help getting organised? Download Guide ✼ Plan ✼ Check ✓ to get you started.
Sign up for our newsletter and get a free guide to help simplify your daily tasks.
Tags:

• Courtney July 21, 2008 at 3:52 am

I love how you add your shopping list to the post. that’s a good idea. the pic looks wonderful, makes me what a bite right now! sounds like you have a busy week ahead and awesome your husband is helping cook. mine is afraid of the kitchen but we are working on that…….slowly!

Courtneys last blog post..Menu Planning Mon….er… Wednesday

• Barbara Ling, Virtual Coach July 21, 2008 at 8:51 am

Looks yummy indeed!

I’m lucky in that my husband does all the planning for the kids’ meals – I cook him gourmet breakfasts all the time, and he takes care of everything else.

Works out well that does. :)

Enjoy, Barbara

Barbara Ling, Virtual Coachs last blog post..A friend is ALWAYS a priceless gem and you’re never too old for more

• Hoppo Bumpo July 21, 2008 at 11:17 am

Lots of inspiration in this week’s menu. Looks delicious!

Hoppo Bumpos last blog post..This is … what makes me happy

• Michelle July 21, 2008 at 1:08 pm

I love the sound of pumpkin soup yum.and also the baked penne with bacon.Delicious meal plan .Have a great week..

Michelles last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

• Organizing Mommy July 21, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Wow! That’s organized. What is the weather like there? Ours is hot and humid 90+. Hey, I erased/deleted my 7 things about myself. They sounded so dumb! Maybe next time.

Organizing Mommys last blog post..Menu Plan for July 21-27, 2008/ Craft organizers

• Linda July 21, 2008 at 3:40 pm

Yummy!! That looks great. I think I am going to have try those white chocolate chip cookies. Thanks for the comment. Great blog.

Lindas last blog post..Menu Plan

• Gypsy July 21, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Great menu plan! I tried your mexibake tonight, I added some tortillas and cheese under the rice and on top of the meat, and a layer of baby spinach too. It was delicious! I think it will freeze great without the sour cream, which can just be added in after. I like your chicken and pasta – I might make a batch and freeze the sauce, which would make for a super easy dinner!

Gypsys last blog post..Worth musing over

• Toni July 21, 2008 at 10:49 pm

The pasta with spinach and chicken sounds delish! Looks like a great week!
    Toni

• Vanessa July 21, 2008 at 10:51 pm

What a wonderful idea to add your shopping list. The Pasta w/Chicken & Spinach sounds delicious, will definetely be saving to my recipes to try sometime. Thanks for the recipes!

• Kristin July 21, 2008 at 11:41 pm

Wow! Your menus and shopping are so organized! I have a new goal :) I love white chocolate chip cookies! and pasta with spinach sounds so yummy…even at 8:40 in the morning..teehee! :)

• Brenda July 22, 2008 at 2:46 am

Can’t wait to try your Baked Penne w/ Bacon. Anything with bacon has to be good!

Brendas last blog post..Menu Plan Monday: July 20 – 26

• kiy July 22, 2008 at 9:21 am

Wow, hubby cooking? If that happened at our house we’d be going out every nite! :) Menu looks great, happy eating. Cheers, Kiy

kiys last blog post..Menu Plan (July 20 – July 26)

• Angela July 22, 2008 at 10:52 am

Wow! Thanks for sharing! Sounds great!