School holidays finally start this Monday which I have been looking forward to.  School holidays tends to make planning the weekly menu easier if anything, as I don’t have the after school activities to work around.

However I do need  to alter my shopping in general because when the kids are home they seem to consume so much more food!  We also tend to  have a lot more visitors, so I thought that it would be the perfect time to test run a Biscuit Recipe that Kate posted at Picklebums back in May, apparently the recipe makes 120 biscuits.

Here is the rest of the weekly family menu plan:

Monday – Pumpkin Soup
BakingSimple Savings Biscuits from Picklebums
Tuesday – Chicken Korma
Wednesday – Baked Penne
Thursday – Chicken Cacciatore
Friday – Left Overs
Saturday – Tacos
SundayBeef Stroganoff

Want to see what we are having next week? Subscribe to my free email updates via the “subscribe page” or from the RSS Feed icon at the top of the page.

NB.  I am posting this a bit earlier as I am testing out some new features in Flock which is the new internet browser that I am using.  I have started preseason for the 30 Day Challenge, that is going to get me using all sorts of new things.  I have started twittering.  You can follow me under my user name planningqueen if you are into that sort of thing!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

Tags: , , ,

Tags:

• katef June 29, 2008 at 10:54 pm

Good luck with the biscuits though they are pretty impossible to muck up. My advice – use two bowls and make a few ‘logs’ for the freezer!

Ok so I got curious and followed your 30 days link… like I need another ‘thing’ to be doing but it sounds interesting, what’s it all about?

katefs last blog post..Winter Blues…

• Michelle June 30, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Oh the chicken korma sounds so good…as everything else ;-) have a good week with the kids .

Michelles last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

• Trish June 30, 2008 at 1:52 pm

This lot sounds delicious .
    I haven’t had Chicken Korma for a long time – I love the coconut aromas in it.I think you stirred something.
    I followed the link to 30 days too ? tell us more

also what is flock ? I read it uses FireFox

Trishs last blog post..Weekly winners

• List Mama June 30, 2008 at 2:19 pm

I was wondering about your Pumpkin Soup and then went to your About page and found out that you are in winter now. That makes sense. I LOVE soups of all kinds, but will wait until it is our cooler season.

Jen

List Mamas last blog post..List of Reasons it is Good to Go Home

• Penny June 30, 2008 at 5:27 pm

Flock is quite fun. Not sure I want to move to it just yet though. I’m pretty wedded to Firefox.

I twitter too – I’m greengecko29.

Shall have to try those bikkies.

Pennys last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

• PlanningQueen June 30, 2008 at 10:09 pm

30 Day Challenge is an internet marketing online course which starts on August 1. There is a preaseason component, which takes you through all the stuff(Flock – internet browser, Twitter, and Google reader) that you will need to be able to use during the 30 Day Challenge. The actual challenge is to make $1 online by the end of the 30 days.

Lightening has a team going which I have joined. I am sure there is more room for new members!!!!

• [...] this week’s Menu Plan Monday Post I linked to a terrific biscuit recipe from Kate at Picklebums that I planned to cook this [...]